Thursday, 12 July 2012

The week has gone so fast!!

Hi, I've been slack the last few days on here, but definately not slack on the home-front.
It's the last day of the school holidays tomorrow and I've thoroughly enjoyed the time off and have achieved quite a lot.
I've made a batch of lavender-scented soap which is curing at the moment, forgot about the camera but will take one tomorrow. I can also cross off laundry detergent. I've picked what seems like a gazillion calendula flowers, picked off the petals, shaken off the aphids and spread them onto 3 trays of the dehydrator. 2 trays are now dry and have been put into a "jar". I'll be lucky if I get a cup of "dried" calendula. Never mind, it's all I need to get some calendula salve under way.
We spent yesterday afternoon in "town". It's our youngest girls birthday on the 22nd and I wanted to get her birthday present sorted. I've caved and bought her a little mobile phone, nothing flash, a little cheapie. There will be rules with it. Also bought her a mink blanket for her bed, she is in the midst of going from the girlie "pink" phase into a "blue" phase. She is growing up so fast, her friend came with us for the day. I have to say, she is a chip off the old block! We gave her $20 and she came home with $15!! I bought some bath towels, 8 in total and never paid over $7 and good quality at that. Also managed to find a few bargains for myself, trackies, jeggings, underwear, socks, couple of long-sleeved tops and a pair of shoes.
The only reason I've managed to have this little splurge is......I received my tax refund! $1200 which is a fortune to us at the moment. The rest will be put a way for that "rainy day".
Today was spent going through paper-work and burning which is no longer needed, catching up at long last with the washing and the bathroom was given a scrub from top to bottom and is now sparkling.
We have visitors arriving from Taupo tomorrow, so I'm guessing a few wines will be in order. The boys will most probably go for a dive, the weather is good here at the moment. It's supposed to pack in again on Sunday.
Meals over the past few nights have been:
Monday: Venison with coat n cook, mashed potatoes and peas
Tuesday: Lamb Mince chow-mein with rice
Wednesday: flounder, mussel fritters with potato fritters and salad
Thursday: Bacon bone "boil-up" with puha and doughboys.

I put a dye through my hair today and will be getting it cut tomorrow..... will feel like a new woman!!

No comments:

Post a Comment