I think the rain is starting to ease at last. Very sloshy outside, not that I ventured out too much. I did catch a ride up to the supermarket with my neighbour to pick up my "groceries" for the week. Spent $41 on 4 litres milk, 1 litre cream, 1 loaf of bread, 250g pot of yeast, dishwashing liquid, dog food and some frozen veg. Determined to stay away from the supermarket until next pay day which is Wednesday. Used up the yeast on my last loaf of bread which we finished off this morning as toast, hence the need to buy a loaf of bread.
Made a beef stew for dinner last night, but didn't actually start cooking until quite late as I was on here. Pulled out the pressure cooker, browned off the meat and put it in the cooker with the rest of the ingredients, peeled some potatoes, frozen veg on the stove and "presto" dinner was cooked in just over 40 mins.
Plenty for tonight too, was lovely on toast.
Spent some time online today ordering soda ash from Lotus Oils for homemade laundry powder and coconut oil, lavender and eucalyptus oils for soap-making. Brought out my boxes of quilting scraps and played around with my rotary cutter and sewing machine and came up with a small pin-cushion and a mug-rug. Just have to handsew the binding down and it's finished. I've started cutting up pieces for another "qayg" table-runner. The only thing that puts me off is that I don't have a dedicated area for sewing as yet and the dining table is it, which is not really ideal. In the warmer months I use the sleepout but with no heating there's no way you'll catch me out there in the middle of winter.
Lets hope the weathers kinder to us tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment