Gosh, we've had some fairly serious rainfall here. Spied small splotches of blue sky today which is good.
The ground is very sodden and looks terrible with our tracks of mud out to the back paddock to feed the animals and get firewood. The chooks are enjoying all the worms tho.
Lazy meals the last couple of days, steak and egg sandwiches on Friday night with home-made foccacia bread. Washed down with a few glasses of wine and watching the rugby. Hamburgers last night with lamb patties, rocket, sprouts, beetroot relish, mayo and egg......yummo! All homemade right down to the hamburger buns.
Sunday kitchen again, not quite as frantic as usual but made 2 litres of lemon squash, bread, and a quick lunch today of fried bread with bacon and tomato "chunky" soup. I have taken out steak for dinner although no-one is hungry yet.
Hopefully my online orders will arrive tomorrow. I'm almost out of my stockpile of washing powder I bought a while ago on special. Prior to that was making laundry liquid but will give the powder a go this time. Soap-making is on the cards too this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment