Monday, 9 July 2012

OCM and Mudcake

A knock on the door around 7.30am woke me this morning. I'm on holiday at the moment and enjoying my little sleep-ins. The frown turned to a huge smile when it was the courier delivering my order from www.lotusoils.co.nz . This little shop is like Aladdins Cave as they are actually not too far from where I live and I've been there several times. The courier did the job for me this time as I've taken my car off the road in a bid to cut down on vehicle expenses. Soap-making definately on the agenda for tomorrow.

I've spent a lot of time on the net today and have been researching the Oil Cleansing Method after reading about it here http://littlehouseinthesuburbs.com/2012/06/washing-oily-skin-with-oil.html . Really interesting, so much so that I went up to the local supermarket to buy castor oil and sunflower oil. I have combination skin so mixed the oils 25% castor oil to 75% sunflower oil. Applied it as recommended and wow, my skin is so soft. Within an hour or so my skin had absorbed the slight oily feeling and tightened up considerably, even to the point that maybe I might need to add more sunflower oil to the mix as the castor oil is drying to the skin. I'll keep to the regime for the next few weeks and see how it goes.

I did manage to bake a chocolate mudcake today and it's quite delicious!!


I am home alone at the moment, the girls and dad have gone to our friends home to say goodbye as they leave for Australia tomorrow to start a new life. The husband called in here on Saturday and I said my goodbyes then. I couldn't face seeing him again as everytime I see them brings tears to my eyes. It was a month this past weekend that they lost their 20yr old son to suicide. We will miss them dearly, and wish them all the luck in the world on this new venture. Gosh, even now I'm crying!!






No comments:

Post a Comment